Saturday, January 19, 2019

EXCERPTS PART 3


BATTLE WITH THE BEASTS OF ENGLAND

"When people are pushed to the wall with no window to vent their frustrations, violence seems to be the only option" ... Ghana's former President Flt Lt Jerry John Rawlings, on the upsurge of conflict, terrorism and social upheaval.

Having exhausted all possible non-violence and peaceful means to get my passport back, the softie in me started giving way to radicalisation. I realised that I was dealing with beasts, and that I'd just be flashed down the drain by the wolves if I stayed human. Slowly, the human in me started giving way to a beast. “Only a beast can stand up to a fellow beast.” I felt resigned to give what I could to protest against the way I was being treated by the British establishment.

After my airport ordeal, I did a one-man demonstration on the street of Westminster, in front of Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, through Downing Street to Trafalgar Square. I dressed myself in British paraphernalia – I wore England designed sunglasses, wrapped my body with St George’s Flag and other British memorabilia. I held Placards in my hands with inscriptions such as:

1.     Immunity from Prosecution – Liverpool trial
2.     Immunity/ plea bargain – Murder on Honeymoon, South Africa
3.     Plea bargain – Convicted terrorist Saajid Badat
4.     1, 2, & 3 = Justice for Witnesses
5.     Give me back my missing Passport

I stood at the entrance of Downing Street with tourists, some taking pictures of me and with me. Government officials going in and out of Number 10, on seeing me, some would stop to read the inscriptions and move on, unconcerned. I walked from Downing Street to Trafalgar Square. At Westminster Abbey, I stood in front of the statue of Nelson Mandela. I did this for three days. Though I planned doing it for a week or two, or till I get some result, some fear gripped me on the third day. I was having some strange premonitions. I felt as though something bad was going to happen to me.

As a result, I didn’t continue after my third day. That night, I had a strange dream. I dreamt I was tied with rope. My hands were tied at my back and I was locked up in a basement room, like a dungeon.  I saw a man opened the door and walked towards me. He was holding a rod in his hand. Out of fear I started shouting “Jesus! Jesus!! Jesus!!!” He got to me, raised his rod but could not strike me. He stood there watching me for a while, and walked away. When I woke up from the dream, the word ‘fear’ just vanished from my mind.

I started reading heavily on Martin Luther King Jr. and the American Civil Rights Movement. I was struck by one of King's quote:

"The question is not whether we will be an extremist, but what kind of extremist we will be, the nation and the world is in dire need of creative extremist".

I read King's quote again and again and again. At that moment, I became a prodigy of King. As he wrote in Stride toward Freedom:

"At that moment, I experienced the presence of the Divine as I had never experienced him before. It seemed as though I could hear the quiet assurance of an inner voice saying: 'stand up for righteousness, stand up for the truth: and God will be at your side forever."

I was now ready to face the Beasts of England. This was the beginning of my insane letters – “Diary of a Mad Black Man” - to the establishment. I started writing vile and aggressive letters to the Westminster fraternity. Nothing would stop me now. I wrote to Louise Richards and Sonia Dower.  Sonia Dower was the one who sent me an anguish letter following my knowledge of the loss of my Passport in a confidential memo to Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas. It was now my turn to write to SONIA DOWER, and let her know that I can equally be as insane as her. Sonia Dower was now a “venom” in my mouth. I desperately needed to spit her out; else I'd end up poisoning myself. So I wrote my first letter to Sonia Dower - Deputy Director of Operations.



20TH APRIL 2012
HOME OFFICE / UKBA
MPs CORRESPONCE SECTION
PO BOX 1586, CROYDON
 Dear Sonia Dower,
I trust this letter finds you well. How was your Easter holiday? Nice and well spent? I hope you had a nice time with your family, not sure if you are a Christian or some other faith. For Christians, it is a time of sorrow (Christ death) and happiness (the resurrection). Dear Sonia, my name is Maxwell Kwaku Maundy, a Ghanaian national. I have tried very hard to resist the temptation of writing to you again, but the demons in me won’t let go. So here I come again, with my insanity perhaps! First and foremost, did you receive my earlier correspondence I sent you? And why wasn’t my removal authorised on Good Friday the 6th of April as I requested?  Or do the ‘rules’ forbid you from sanctioning a removal request on the grounds that it comes from the illegal immigrant himself?
Dear Sonia, sometimes I wonder if people like you take a break, and ponder over the pains, hurt and agonies you inflict on others. Or perhaps look up yourselves in the mirror. Recall my questions on Osama Bin Laden, and those other thoughts on Boko Haram by a Nigerian Journalist, copies of which I sent to Justice Secretary Ken Clarke and the American Ambassador Hon Louis Susman? Several months have passed since you sent me correspondences on my case via Jon Cruddas MP; dated 23rd September and 3rd October 2011 respectively.
In your second letter (3rd October), you stated that my passport will be released to me at the port of departure. Exactly Five (5) weeks after your letter (9th November), another letter from Richard Marley states “We have been unable to locate Mr Maundy’s passport in our offices. Enquiries are being made with the Police to ascertain whether they retained the passport after the court case,” dated 9th November 2011.
After my failed attempt to leave the UK on Good Friday the 6th of April 2012, and again being told by airport immigration that the whereabouts of my passport is not known, and that I should get a travel document and “get the hell out of here” and forget about my passport, I am beginning to ask myself a lot of questions about the state (sanity) of “British society” or “British rules,” and most especially people like you! Dear Sonia, if I may ask, are you fully aware of the history of my case? Are you aware that I was supposed to have been removed from the UK on the 13/10/2007? And are you aware of why that removal was cancelled?
Dear Madam Dower, so five years now since MPS, CPS and your UKBA cancelled my deportation and used me and my passport for the so-called British Justice, I am now being told by your Home Office to buy my own ticket and travel document for my departure and forget about my passport and documents as they have been lost? Louise Richards at Angel Square UKBA now tells me she would make “another” enquiry with regards to my passport, six (6) months after a previous enquiry placed by Richard Marley (09-11-11), with no further feedback to date.
Sonia Dower, do we really have to look the other way unless something “really seriously terribly bad” happens before we realise how much pain, injury and hurt we are inflicting on others? And why a “have become animal” would be glad to be an extremist than spend the rest of his life regretting for ever assuming that the British are human beings? And am I supposed to move on with my life, without my passport, and assume nothing happened, taking solace in the fact that the world is unfair, and that perhaps it is just as well for me to have been used by British for free (nothing for something) in spite of assurances by the MPS that British immigration would apply “common sense” on my immigration status, and that the CPS would rally behind me if UKBA tries to do something silly, in an attempt to dissuade me from selling my story when an offer was made for it?
Please be aware that I want to “get the hell out of this country” at the very earliest possible time, but not without my Passport, and other documents! Please get them for me as soon as possible, and book a flight for my removal. And please, I want to travel with my passport, expired or not! Enough of the insanity! (Edited and moderated).


My anger was at it boiling point. The least provocation and I’d explode. My character had been tested to its limit. The thought of being used for free by the Beasts of England; and hounded like a defenceless prey by the Beasts fraternity had taken its toll. I had wasted five years of my life chasing the wind. My mates I graduated with were gainfully employed whilst I was still an illegal immigrant scavenging to survive. Psychologically, the gravity of my loss had become unbearable.


During one of my phone calls to Louise Richards, she said they could not locate my Passport so they would get an Emergency Travel Documents for me to leave and forget about my Passport. She incurred my wrath with that statement. I got furious and told her that, even if they have to set fire to Home Office in order to locate my Passport, they should do so. Otherwise, I'd set fire to the twin towers of Apollo and Lunar Houses myself to look for my Passport. During another phone call, Louise told me she spoke to the MPS, and they confirmed they still had custody of my Passport, and that they were in the process of retrieving it from their archives. She promised to have it ready for me by the end of the week. Two weeks passed without news from Louise Richards. I called the office several times without getting hold of her.

Over the years, from 2009, I depended heavily on painkillers and prescription drugs to go through the day. In the midst of the storm raging in my head, I wrote an angry and vile letter to the Metropolitan Police Commissioner, Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe. The MPS was getting ready to provide security for the London 2012 Olympics Games at the time... Three weeks after, I managed to get hold of Louise Richards on the phone again. This time she said the MPS had told her they could no longer locate my Passport. As searches for my Passport proved futile, officials started telling me on the phone that Home Office was willing to issue me an emergency travel document and pay for my ticket so I could return to Ghana and forget about my Passport.

Six weeks after, I received a response to my letter to the Metropolitan Police Commissioner. It was dated 28th June 2012. Indeed I found myself in the Animal Kingdom of the Beasts of England. I was understood and communicated to in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment